Monday 8 December 2014

Introduction



My name is Stella Gardiner and I have been selected as the Green Party parliamentary candidate for Bexleyheath and Crayford.
I have been a Green Party member since 1993.  Before that I was in the Labour Party but left as the party drifted ever rightwards.
In my younger years I was active in CND, Greenpeace, Friends of the Earth, & Earth First. I took part in protests designed to raise awareness about environmental issues such as traffic reduction,destruction of habitat, climate change and nuclear power.
I now work as an environmentalist and deal with sustainability issues on a weekly basis. I’m particularly passionate about transport, wildlife, trans rights, & women’s rights.
Most recently I’ve been active in Bexley Cycling Campaign and various LGBT organisations, including my workplace network, and my union LGBT network.
I am transgendered, and also on the autistic spectrum. As such I believe in equality for all and that we should all have equal access to opportunities in society, including good housing, jobs, fair pay, education and representation in politics.
I believe my personal experiences, that of being transgendered and autistic give me a particular insight into the struggles that face disadvantaged people. 
Stella Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment